A few weeks ago, Elle decided she needed a new pet...as if we do not have enough going on, right? Well, she and I were just talking about it on the way home from school one day and she was just getting more and more excited as we talked about the little ball it could run around in and its name, etc... Well, after we got home, she ran in--of course to tell her Daddy (because we all know how excited he was going to be about it!) as I finished unpacking the car...about 30 seconds later, she came back out in tears..."he said noooo....." she was saying. I explained to her that she would have to show us that she was ready for something like that as Jason was saying, "I don't care what you show me--you're not getting one of those"--which would prompt another tear burst...
Why must men be so insensitive sometimes??
But the best part is the very next day, Elle and I were driving home from school and Jason called--he said that he and Easton were playing...after we hung up, Elle said, "Maybe they are playing with my guinea pig!" When we walked in, she was so disappointed to see there was no guinea pig..
Seriously that is the innocence of a child!
Poor Elle! You can totally handle a guinea pig in your household!! :) :) :)
ReplyDelete