Monday, August 3, 2009

Easton officially "went on the potty"!!




Man, those of you that have spoken to me about potty training Easton know that I finally threw up my hands in frustration--just giving up and hoping by the time he goes to kindergarten, he would be out of diapers! Well, he finally went tee tee and poo poo on the potty today! We had a very busy weekend this weekend and I left Elle with my parents after being in Houston with my mom and dad...I was thinking that if I could just have Easton all to myself, maybe I could tackle this potty thing!

Praise the Lord it didn't take long this morning--my prayers were answered first thing!! I think I was so excited when he actually went that he couldn't help but yell and scream! He is so my child as far as enthusiasm goes...so it is fun to do things like this with him--he gets so over the top excited! After he went twice this morning, we ran to the dollar store and picked out some stickers and some prizes he can earn with the stickers...

He has done a little dance everytime--although we did have an accident or two today--I am optimistic that we are on our way to being trained. I will keep you informed...but I cannot tell you how much I dread this part of the development of children! This is my least favorite part! Just the potty training...NOTHING else! But, I would love it if just one day, they said "I go potty"--and I never really had to do anything--I would LOVE that! BUT--they don't--so I train on...

2 comments:

  1. YAY Easton! Keep up the good work mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Easton!!! woohoo! Be nice to your mommy!! :)
    I know how you feel---I am super nervous about potty training Clark and he is only 4 weeks old. :) I just always hear boys are SO much harder, and AnnMarie was easy so I know I am in for it!!

    ReplyDelete