In November--Easton went through testing at Tyler ISD to determine whether or not he would need to continue the speech and occupational therapy services that he has been receiving the past few years with Early Childhood Services. It was a really humbling experience, as this is what I do for a living and now it was my child going through the process. A few times--it was really almost too much. At one point, during the initial testing, Jason stopped the lady and asked, "does this mean he will be in Special Ed?" I looked at him with this crazy look on my face because we get that question all the time and now here was my husband asking it...I answered, "yes, baby...he needs support and this is where he gets it". Jason just kept saying, "Easton doesn't need Special Ed". I thought we were going to have to stop the meeting. All in all, it was a great experience and Easton is going to get the help he needs and will hopefully be able to be dismissed before he starts kindergarten in a few years.
We also decided to start him at a little Pre-K a few days per week. In Tyler, the waiting lists for all of the good ones are so long...so God was so good when Easton got in to the one we wanted fairly quickly. He is now going twice a week and LOVES it! He has a few friends from church in his class and the school is so great with all of his allergies. It is a rich language based program, which is what he really needs and then he will go twice per week to speech therapy at the Elementary School that Elle goes to in Tyler (which is one of the campuses that I work on). God has blessed us in so many ways here in Tyler--always guiding us and pointing us in the right direction.
No comments:
Post a Comment