Saturday, August 28, 2010

Easton started preschool

Well, after 3 years on the waiting list at the EEC at Green Acres, Easton is finally in! I have turned down the call a few times, because it wasn't the perfect scenerio--so this time when they called I just knew I needed to say yes. He is in the three year old class and now that he is potty trained...things are so much easier! It was a big transition from being at Mimi's (the lady that has kept him since he was a year old) and around the same friends he has been with for so many years...but after a little over a week, he loves it! The first few days were really rough for me and Jason and I had to switch our morning routines so that he could drop him off. I just couldn't handle the crying and begging me not to go! That is almost like him reaching into chest and ripping my heart out!! I would find myself crying on the way to work every morning and that it just TOO much! So, I took one week off and finally took him back on this last Friday. This time, he ran in and as he was running said, "oh mom, my friends are already here--I've got to go" without even looking back---I called him back over and said, "do I get a kiss?" He said, "oh, mom!"...So--I don't know which one is better... :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! I just came over to your blog from Shelly's and saw that you posted about Easton...he and London are in the same class! She's just there on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I was happy to see him when I dropped her off recently. He's such a sweetie and I'm glad he's loving it now. I love both of their teachers.

    ReplyDelete