Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Elle is all grown up

I was standing in my parent's bathroom fixing Elle's hair for church on Sunday and we were just visiting when I was just overwhelmed with emotions...my little baby is all grown up. I mean, she is only 7--but she is going into 2nd grade...she is talking about a boyfriend!...and things she wants to be saving up for...she was talking to me like we were peers--not my little girl...I had to leave the room I was so emotional. She came after me and asked what was wrong--she was that intuned with my emotions--(Jason doesn't even catch on to that sometimes!! ) But, we later talked about how proud we are of her and that I was just overwhelmed with that when I was talking to her. She just smiled and said, "Mommy, I am proud of y'all, too!" It was so precious.

I talked to God about it later and was saying that I get it..."don't let another second go by without recognizing what you have...don't miss any of it"

1 comment: