Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Summer time fun
I cannot tell you how fantastic summertime is for the kids and I. After going full-time this school year, being able to be home with my kids, to just hang out with them at the pool or read books, color, or just sit in the backyard...is such a blessing! Our summer schedule this year has consisted of sleeping late, going every other day to Easton's doctors appointments and then come home to eat lunch before heading to the pool for the bulk of the afternoon. Both of the kids are strong swimmers this year, so I have been able to play with them and then sit by the pool and enjoy an audiobook or two. SO AWESOME!! Then we come home and just hang out. By that time, Jason is home and we are ready to start getting ready for dinner. We have spent a few extra long weekends in Waco instead of coming home early on Saturday--just to be able to take it easy and not rush all the time--which has been nice. I just love that there is some flexibility in our schedule and thank the Lord for this time with my children!! They are growing up so fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment