Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Elle's first horse show
Elle has been riding at this new barn for about a year and has always said that she would never show...Jason and I always laugh because we don't know where she comes from bc she is not competitive at all. But recently, when her trainer mentioned that they would be having an in-barn show, Elle was really excited. I was shocked, but inside, really thrilled. I knew that she would love it and hoped that maybe it would spur her on to want to continue into real showing. She prepared and really looked forward to the show for months. We borrowed some clothes from other girls at the barn, and bought a few things...and Elle had a great time. She was in classes of 15 or more and placed in each class she rode in! She jumped and did fantastic!! At the end of the show, she said that she could not wait to show again and that she wanted to get first place next time...I would say that is progress from not being competitive at all, huh? I think she just has too sweet of a spirit and I was so proud of her for going up and telling all of her friends congratulations. I don't want her to be a bad sport, I just want her to enjoy sports...but maybe that is not her calling. But I know that she enjoyed herself and that she loves riding...you can't beat that for a mommy that loves horses!! Thank you Lord for those blessings!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment