Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Finally, some hair...

All these years, we have waited for Elle's hair to grow...she has struggled with her peers as kids said that she looked like a boy, but was always given the most wonderful compliments from older people. People would stop us in the most random places and tell her what a great haircut she had. I was always so shocked...because we had never cut her hair like that--who would do that to a beautiful little girl? But, she wore that hair with such a smile and a wonderful presence! I think I thought she must have gotten over all of her issues and just grown to love her hair the way it was, until the day we put her hair in pigtails. I don't think she quit smiling all day! Everyday now, she mentions how much she loves her hair now...I mean, it is only a little longer, but she will comment on it blowing in the wind, being able to put the sides up, etc. She said the other night before I put her in bed, "Mom, now I really look like a little girl." My heart ached for her that she has been so worried about that--or at least had to think about that.

She is such a beautiful child--inside and out! Now, with just a little more hair! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment