So, Easton's well visit this month did not go as well as I had planned in my head...the thing is, he hasn't had a well visit in almost 9 months...he had one really late for his 2 year and then it took 3 months past his 3 year to get in for this one...The kid is always got something going! :) But, thankfully, he has been doing good and we made it to the well visit.
His doctor was so excited that he is currently off of most of his allergy medication and all of his breathing treatment medication, as well as his steroids for his ulcers. She was very encouraged that he was doing so well AND unmedicated! Hey--chalk another one up for Jesus Christ, man! We went through the whole physical and he is really developing well in all areas, mentally, developmentally--weight gain (which is AMAZING, considering what he cannot eat and that the things he does eat contain next to nothing!!)...but then we got to the area of height.
Last year, he was in the 1st percentile. This year, he is not. He is not on the chart at all. Dr. Munda was very concerned about the fact that he did not make any progress and seemed to "fall off the chart". She brought up monitoring it for another six months or so and then maybe needing to look into growth hormones. This sounds really scary to Jason and I. We are just praying right now and seeking God's guidance in what to do. We know that in the next 6 months, God can grow Easton to the 100%th percentile--no problem...We also know that this may not be His plan for Easton. With or without the growth hormones. I sure don't want to get in the way of God's plan--and make things more complicated than they need to be...but I also want my baby to be happy and for his life to not be difficult for undue reasons...things are hard enough in today's world...
So, we continue to rely on God. He has never pointed us in the wrong direction before!
I can't imagine, but I'm praying.
ReplyDelete