Sunday, April 8, 2012
Church camp
This year was Elle's first opportunity to go to over night church camp with GABC, so of course she wanted to go. It occurs every year right as we are getting out for Spring break and lasts 3 nights...and I was asked to go as a counselor. If any of you know me at all, you know that I am incapable of saying no--and I do want to be involved with our children's ministry, so I went. Man, what was I thinking?? A bunch of 3rd grade girls, right as I am ready for a week off of work? But God is good all the time, so He provided. It was so much fun to watch the girls worship and learn more about Paul during the week. The weather was awful, but we modified and adjusted and the kids of course never care. Elle, my child that is never sick, came up with strep throat the night before we were supposed to leave, so we went to the dr the morning of and she got a shot of penicillin. Again, God provided healing and she was good as new as we pulled out on the bus. I am not sure that I will attend every year, but what a blessing to be there with my child as she is enjoying other children and really soaking in the love of the Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment