Thursday, February 19, 2009

Easton's hearing

Well, we did get in with the audiologist in our district and praise the Lord it was really fast--we went last Monday! She was wonderfully patient with Easton as he was a true "test" for her that day. He is usually so even tempered in new situations--at least I think so--but he was awful! I really think that he was frustrated because of the amount of time in between each of the sounds he was able to hear...at the end of the test--she said that he does appear to have between a mild to moderate hearing impairment. She did not see anything in the normal range during the test. I think Jason and I were both a little shocked at how little he really responded to...we even tried me going out of the sound proof box and calling his name and asking him if he was ready to go--and nothing! It was amazing! I think that is what did it for Jason--
The audiologist recommended that we get in as soon as possible with an ENT--so I called that afternoon and we have an appointment on the 26th of this month with one that I had a good referral to. We had also been praying about whether or not to leave our pediatrician after all of this and I think we have finally decided that we are going to...I have felt like this whole time that I was supposed to stay for some reason--but I am not sure why now I have such a peace about going. I am just not sure that I can move past this one...I had asked about the tubes a few months ago and I just don't want there to always be this thing in the back of my mind hanging there--because I know that God is in control and like I have said before--He has something awesome in store for Easton! Easton is going to have this incredible testimony of everything God brought him through all by the age of 3 years old! Not many people can say that!! So, we are just trying to stay out of the way of that right now and let God do his thing!
We do pray for wisdom for the doctors we do meet now--as I don't want to have to hurt anyone--oops--I slipped back into Momma Bear mode instead of faithful servant mode... sorry about that! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment