Sunday, July 31, 2011
Love of the Lord
So this year, Elle went away to Pine Cove for a whole week! She slept in a bunk bed and we weren't able to talk to her AT ALL! She was so excited about going and participating in the theme nights, meeting new friends and her counselor. Her counselor this year was named Moon Fry and was fantastic! We did send care packages to her and she mailed two letters home to us telling us that she missed us and loved us--but it was the longest we have ever gone without speaking! Thankfully, the Lord placed a person there at camp that we knew that I was able to text with that could see her and talk to her every day and relay back to me that she was doing wonderfully. God is good ALL the time, isn't He? She had such a great time, and I cannot tell you how amazing it is to see children worshipping the Lord with everything they have, no embarassment...hands raised--it is overwhelming. We got to worship with them on the last day and I quite honestly could barely make it through. This has been an area of major discussion with Elle and I as believers. She says that she can't outwardly worship because she is shy...and that she is worshipping in her head or inside...but we talk a lot about letting that out and Him know just where He stands in her little world. She was just beaming when we were there--and the first thing she said to me when she came over was--"I worshipped and it was AWESOME!!". Jason and I just about fell over! We talked about how she felt the Lord pushing her throughout the week and how exciting that was for her. It is so wonderful to watch your child grow in the Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment