Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Elle's so smart!


Elle's teacher approached me yesterday at school and wanted to nominate her for the gifted program. I had thought about it this year, but then Jason and I had decided to wait until first grade to give her time to get adjusted in school. But, her teacher was pretty sure we needed to go ahead and do it--so we are going to. I told her that I already know her IQ--because I have tested her--but that I also know that she can pretend to be a nit wit a lot!! So, we will see how it turns out. Jason and I filled out all of the paperwork last night and I was even more sure that she was a gifted child after filling it all out...but again, we will see what their opinion is. I explained it all to Elle about the testing and what she would do--and of course, she wanted to do it right then. I am hoping it will encourage her to show off a little--because she is one that will just do what everyone else is doing if she can get away with it. When we all know she is capable of so much more. BUT..then she will come out with something like this picture (Easton's halloween costume on) and we are less sure of her intellect! tee hee

Jason was so proud of her--he said, "well, she is going to e taking care of us one day--so she needs to make a lot of money!" :) He is always so "to the point".



1 comment:

  1. Ya'll crack me up! LOVE Elle in Easton's Elvis! Elle, "You go girl!"

    ReplyDelete