Monday, January 19, 2009
GUNS!!
Okay, so Easton's new thing is holding his hand like a gun and shooting you...then you shoot him and he falls to the floor and pretends he is dead. Jason and I have no idea where he has learned this, but it is so funny. I mean, grossly disturbing, but funny. So, now it has become this real issue because I am so against Easton having any guns until he is old enough to talk about the rules of guns or go with Jason to hunt with them. I have a real problem with "toy guns" because I feel like it confuses children. But, let me tell you, Easton goes into the bathroom and gets the J from the bathtub and uses it as a gun. It is an innate thing with boys. So...Jason and I are at a crossroads right now trying to decide what to do about this whole thing. Jason says that this phase will pass and we just shouldn't worry about it--and maybe he is right. I just know that I do not want to add to his obvious love of shooting! Not until he can handle it--I mean, I really do want him to be able to go out with his Daddy and appreciate the killing of animals... :( but he is only 2! I will keep you updated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lane had fake guns as far back as I can remember. But dad ALWAYS talked about the rules, even when Lane was 2.
ReplyDeleteQuiet, gentle Caleb must have missed that phase... but he will learn one day to appreciate the slaughter of animals for food!
ReplyDelete