Saturday, January 3, 2009

So much love

Today I picked Elle up from a sleepover and I was so happy when she got into the car and said that she had missed me. I mean, I wanted her to have a great time with her best friend and I know that she did, but I love that she does still appreciate being at home with Jason and I. Easton was so happy to see her when she got home, they ran and gave each other the biggest hug. Jason and I had painted her bedroom while she was gone and she just beamed when she saw it. I think all the time how fast she is growing up. She talks about boys being cute--I mean, she is 5!!! That is so scary! I think we will begin locking her in her room at age 7 at this point... I need Easton to grow up quicker so that he can beat up all of the boys that she is going to bring home...but then again, I don't want to miss a second with Easton and the things he is going to learn between now and then.
His new thing is saying, "hey..." before just about everything. It is so precious! He says it in all different tones, but seriously he says it all the time. That is such a little thing, but you can tell that he loves it and knows that it expressed what he wants to communicate. He also says, "ah, man" and snaps his little finger--yes, just like Swiper on Dora. It is hilarious!
I was so impressed today with Jason because I had told him on Thursday morning that I had a list of things that I wanted to get done before Sunday...for those of you that know Jason, his motto is usually, "why do today what you could do tomorrow or next week?" where mine is "why wait another second???" So--we have had to learn to meet in the middle over the last 10 years...anyway, I told him that I had a list, and it was a long list. Well, we finished the very last thing at 6:30 tonight! ;) He has no idea how much that means to me! We joke about it, but honestly i am constantly making lists and wanting to do more, and it kills me when I need other people to mark things off my list...I need Jason A LOT!! So, all that to say--my husband is awesome! All in all, a great weekend...and now we get to go and worship the Lord with friends and family tomorrow...great ending to a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment