Well, I have finally added the 2nd blog now for the parenting questions and "things that have worked for us" answers. God has been really putting this on my heart for a while now, and I finally went for it. I am just trying to be open to whatever he wants for this ministry...and I will try to continue to be obedient in following Him wherever he leads.
Elle is doing so great! She is really working hard at school and is reading really well. Jason and I are really proud of her. One night, a few weeks ago, I was a little concerned, because we were reading and she was honestly just acting like a nit wit--well, I confronted her about it and she said, "Mommy, I don't want to be smart." Wow...I was shocked! We talked through it and I think she is over that now, at least she appears to be trying harder now.
Easton started speech therapy this last week and he is doign so great! He is really talking a lot and I think hopefully we can work on the sounds he is missing or changing so that he is more intelligible. He is so funny, though because he will come in and just rattle off a little story and I know that he is really saying something, but I can only make out 3 or 4 words--so I spend a few minutes putting context clues with the words to come up with what he must be saying. Then I will restate it to him and he will cheer--"yeah, Mommy!" The speech pathologist said that maybe he would be a team leader for a Fortune 500 Company... :)
Jason has been sick the past few days, so that is no fun! We are hoping he is over it soon! In years past, when he was sick, the children and I were living on Mac N Cheese for a week--but now I am doing the cooking during the week! Yes, I know--I said it would never happen and Jason was a little shocked, too--but it has happened! I made a calendar for the month and wrote out all of the recipes--and now I do the cooking! It is great because I can think ahead of time how I can modify the meal for Easton and what I will need for that...and his dinner can look like ours instead of him having hotdogs every night! I have actually enjoyed it! Elle, the first night came in while I was getting dinner ready and said, "Do you even know how to cook, Mommy?" It was a little hit to my ego, but we got over it and when she cleaned her plate that night from the lasagna--my ego was restored!
Elle is hoping to start cheerleading soon...keep Jason in your prayers about that...he is not excited. He is just getting over the Jonas Brothers posters that went up in her room after Christmas! She loves them!
No comments:
Post a Comment