Monday, January 9, 2012

Getting rid of the Christmas tree

I am such a great wife...right? Jason had mentioned that we needed to get rid of our Christmas tree this year because it was old. So, me being the helpful wife that I am...and being off work for two weeks...I decided to take everything down while I was off. But as you can imagine, I had not really thought through how hard it would be to pull apart the huge Christmas tree without any help from my big, strong husband. I am so thankful that my 8 year old did not think to turn on the video camera as I was trying to pull that tree apart...hilarious!! And...as I finally got the top part done and taken out to the street...I see the trash truck coming...at least two hours early!! Seriously?? Is that how it always happens? The hardest part of the tree was still left and now I had the truck coming around the corner? Man, did I say a prayer, because I honestly did not want that tree left in the garage...I did not want to give up!! It came apart just as the truck was pulling up...and I ran it out to the curb. The sweet trash man walked back up to the house and helped me with the last piece and laughed as he saw me tangling with it. I explained to him that I was trying to be "helpful". He just continued to laugh...I hoped that Jason would see it as helpful and not laugh! I was sweating!! But the kids and I did get it done...and Jason was impressed...which of course was the whole point. :). Now..the hard part is finding another tree before Christmas next year at a reasonable price!!

No comments:

Post a Comment