Monday, January 9, 2012
Reason for the season
Every year, as we discuss Christmas, I love that the children know why we are celebrating Christmas. Not that they don't talk about the gifts they want..or talk about Santa..but there is no question in their minds that the reason for the season is Jesus birthday. We have always had the birthday party for Jesus, but I love as the children are getting older that they are finally taking it all in what Jesus really did for us coming here as a baby and living here as a human..and ultimately dying for us. It is so exciting to hear them pray now because they are not praying like toddlers anymore...they are praying like they have a relationship with our Lord...a real relationship. It is so humbling. Christmas eve was fun this year...or more special this year as I felt like we were able to really experience it with our kids..more so than ever. I guess that will only get better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment