Friday, January 20, 2012
Is it really possible?
Elle is 8 years old...recently she came home talking about a boy liking her and she returning the affection. Jason and I have been praying about the days of talking to her about the "birds and the bees" in several years...but in today's society, it is always a fear that we would wait too long. We sure don't want her to hear about anything from her friends, people at school, or from a boy! Elle and I had a good talk this week about wanting to surround yourself with other people with the same belief systems...and I was shocked to hear her response of, don't all my friends believe in Jesus? Oh man, she is even more naive than I thought! We will continue to rely on God's timing as to when to broach subjects with her and when she is mature enough to hear certain subjects. I mean, she is only in the third grade, and we know that if you train up the child in the way he (or she) should go, even when he (or she) is old they will not depart from it. We know that is true and are counting on it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment