Thursday, December 29, 2011

Birthday party #2


So this years birthday party for Easton I would not record as a success...he had been asking for months to have it at his house. Honestly, that sounds like the biggest beating in America to me, but if my child wants that, it is his birthday--so that is what we are going to do. Elle has always been the kid that plans her entire birthday the week after the previous year...so I have to do very little other than ordering the supplies. I love that! She is SO my kid!! Easton is not one little bit like that...he just said I want to have my party here and only boys can come...and after all of the planning that I did...that is really what ended up happening!!
He wants to be a police officer when he grows up, so I asked him what about a cops and robbers party? He loved the idea and I began planning with the help of lots of people online and my creative friends in Sunday school. I had one friend paint a jail and a bank out of cardboard, one friend made these great cards with cops and robbers for the scavenger hunt, and another friend made a shirt for him to wear at the party. Everything was planned to a tee...the deal that I did not take into consideration was the sheer chaos that happens when you get over 10 five year old boys together and then add a few 8 year old highly intelligent girls (sisters of the boys)...The cops and robbers game was a hit, but they did not follow the rules and the game only took about 20 minutes, not the 45 minutes to an hour that it could've taken. Then we had a scavenger hunt and piƱata next...well the highly intelligent girls helped this along and it was over in 5.5 SECONDS!! Not the 15-20 minutes that it should've taken...it was a total bust...and those cards were so stinking cute!!! I wish I had videos of some of the WWF fighting that occurred on my trampoline...it was insane...
And after it was all over...I said to Easton, I don't ever want to do that again...his response? Mom, that was awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment