Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mommy/son time


So this year, I went back to part-time, but there are weeks when it is just too crazy at work and I can't work out being off like I want to..but man, when I can--it is so stinkin great!! I love being able to go to lunch with Elle and taking Easton to breakfast in the mornings. His favorite thing is going to get donuts. Its so fun to just sit and visit with him because he has such a funny sense of humor without even realizing it. Before I know it, he will be all grown up. When I go up to Elle's school, she always has so much to say--can't imagine where she gets that...probably Jason. We have also taken a few "mental health" days this year..2 to be exact. I told Elle that it wasn't going to be something that we abused and that school is really important, but that sometimes, when we are beaten down and exhausted from the daily grind and just need a day...that we can push the "timeout" button. It seems like with today's society that we never do that. At least, we don't. Our schedule is crazy busy with the kids and work and homework...there is never a time where we just sit and "be"...so we need to take that time sometimes. Not take it away on a Sunday away from God--away from stinking school--am I right? Isn't that what we always used to do? Let's just sleep in on Sunday to catch up....well we aren't doing that anymore...that is what mental health days are for!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment